Friday, November 7, 2014

In Depth: My Life With the PS Gang

In Depth: My Life With the PS Gang

PS Gang member EeeTee Stabber


As many of you have already learned, Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges is a shotcaller in a Northside street gang.  I knew this long ago, as I had been investigating this gang deep undercover.  The heat got too much after KSTP's Jay Kolls dropped his story, so I decided to get out.  However, I learned much during my time with the PS Gang, and it's time their story is told as a cautionary tale.

The PS Gang may be the only street gang in America that is run by and consists primarily of women.  It has its roots in the Minnesota Correctional Facility in Shakopee, the only women's prison in Minnesota.  The Pointer Sisters were formed by June and Bonnie Pointer, wanting to unite a fractured group of women who had been exploited by their previous gangs.  Wanting a symbol that was ubiquitous but meaningful, they developed their now infamous "Gangsta Point."

Pointer Sisters recruiting member with the "Gangsta Point"

After getting out, these women did not want to rejoin their previous gangs in which they were commonly beaten and raped, so the Pointer Sisters founded what would be known as the PS Gang, or the Posse.

After seeing a few years of quick growth, men were allowed to join the gang, though the gang would always be matriarchal in practice.
The first male member, Bo-Ty Sikopath


In 2012, wanting to get a deeper look at the gang, I began making myself familiar to local members, slowly earning their trust.  I was asked to do horrible things to prove my loyalty, but it was all worth it for the story.  The story always comes first, before personal safety, ethics, or the truth.


My gangsta selfie

After about a year, I was accepted on a probationary status, during which period I began to really understand the hidden workings of the gang:

A Gangsta Point implement used at sporting events
  • There is another version of the Gangsta Point used in more public settings.  Simply tuck the thumb in and point upwards, sending the message "We're" number one.  In Murder."

Young male gangster Screamface Killa
  • The age of members continually gets younger.  Currently, members are as young as 4, and often as young as 6.
PS Gang tag
  • Graffiti is used to mark turf and claim territory held by other gangs.  Sometimes arrows are used in lieu of pointing.
Shot caller MayMay Betsy
  • As is now public knowledge, Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges is a PS Gang shotcaller.
When questioned about the news of her gang affiliation, Mayor Hodges said, "Talking head gonna put you on your deathbed.  Just cause you got a gat, that's just why you acting brave.  Got a gat I got a glock, whatcha gonna do?  Handle your business, don't let your business handle you."

Truer words never spoken.






No comments:

Post a Comment